Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Dear patients and parents,
As we reopen our office during this COVID-19 pandemic, we will be doing so with some different protocols in place for our patients. Please be aware of these items as you come to your next appointment. We appreciate your compliance with these steps to keep you healthy and safe during this time.
- Our front door will remain locked during clinic hours. Waiting rooms will not be open. When you arrive to your appointment, please call the office phone number from the parking lot to let us know you’ve arrived. (Richfield patients should text to the office phone number. This option will be available in other locations shortly.) Once we are ready for the patient to enter the office, we will call back and ask you to then come to the door and we will let you in.
- To limit paperwork that is passed between yourself and the office staff, please fill out the online COVID-19 forms prior to your appointment. These forms must be completed by a parent for patients under the age of 18.
- Only patients should come into the office. If there is a specific reason why a parent must accompany the patient into the office (for example, younger patients (6-10 years old) or those with severe anxiety), one parent may accompany the patient. No siblings or other family members will be permitted in the office.
- Patients should come to the office with their teeth already brushed and flossed (so please don’t eat on the way!).
- A forehead scanning thermometer will be used to take the temperature of all persons coming to the office.
- All patients or persons entering the office must wear a facemask. These will remain in place except for when actual work is being done in the patient’s mouth. Please bring one with you.
- All patients will be asked to use a 1.5% peroxide mouthrinse prior to the appointment once they arrive. If the patient has not used a mouthrinse before, you may have them practice at home using first water then a mouthrinse.
- All patients will be asked to wash their hands inside our office with soap for 20 seconds prior to the appointment.
- Communication with our office staff and parents during the appointment can be done as needed by either text or phone. For minors, we will send with the patient a care slip that summarizes the procedures completed and any special instructions given.
- Scheduling next appointments should be done as quickly as possible following the patient visit by phone or text. Payments can be made with credit card or HSA card over the phone as well. For the near future, no payments will be accepted in person in the office.
Please reach out to us with any questions you may have about the above guidelines.
We so look forward to welcoming you back into our office!